Riptide GP: Water-Racing to the Victory
If you want some adrenaline, you can do a bit of water racing with your jet ski, you can download a popular game Riptide GP, which will cool you on a hot summer day and warm you up on a cool one!
Racing is fun, and water racing is twice as fun as just racing. Most cities have an advanced system of waterways, to which canals and rivers belong. Not just the best parts of the city are usually observed from the water, but water racing is also a true urban experience in the heart of one. It is even more fun if there are obstacles, and if you get bonuses for performing water stunts, such as in Riptide GP.
Price: $1.99 (Free on August 8, 2012)
Current Version: 1.3 (July 30, 2012)
Genre: Games, Racing games
Developer: Vector Unit
System Required: iOS 4.0 or later
Rating (App Store): 4.5
How It’s Played
You start your game by sitting an a vehicle you’ve chosen. Your ability to unlock jet skis during your game (there are six of them currently) depends on how well you play the game. After you’ve chosen one, you start racing against numerous obstacles including your opponents and powerful waves. You will need to ride through 12 waterways, and you can play in three different game modes (Race, Hot Lap, and Championship). There is more to look for in the game.
What to Expect. You need to expect some mind-blowing fast adventure in different game modes and with a result that depends half on your skills and half on your reaction. You also need to look forward to splashes and foam, as you will be racing through the city’s “blood system.”
What You Need. You will need good reaction, which you may have probably developed while playing other racing and action games.
The Latest Version
There have not been a lot of updates to the game, and it is still V.1 that we can enjoy at the moment. Still, the latest version (1.3) differs from the previous ones by 7 additional languages, in which you can play it: French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese.
- 12 futuristic water raceways to race through
- 6 super sonic jet skis to unlock and master
- 3 different game modes: Race, Hot Lap, and Championship
- Perform stunts to earn more points
- Racing with interactive triggers in altered environments
- OpenFeint and Game Center to see and compare your achievements and challenge friends to beat your score
Watch the game’s trailer on YouTube:
Pros and Cons
Pros: graphics, physics, speed, and fun.
Cons: needs a multiplayer.
Penguins are in Danger? Captain Antartica is coming to the aid!
Captain Antarctica from FDG Entertainment is a vertical scrolling game, speaking about water theme. All in-game actions takes ...
Till The End of The Year, iOS Devices Can Become the Most Popular Gaming Platform, Analysts Predict
iOS devices influenced greatly on the mobile games market, and now more and more people give preference to playing with their ...
Glory to the Emperor: Warhammer Comes to Mac
One more bombastic announcement came this week. Game Workshop Studio announced a game connected with the Warhammer universe will ...
Run to the Fieldrunners!: New Adventure Game for iOS
Let us tell you about an absolutely spectacular game: The Fieldrunners 2 HD tower defense game for iPad. The game is already ...
Slender Man Goes to iTunes: Thoughts and Gaming Experience
What do you think of the Slender Man phenomenon? Why are people attracted to it and why there are a lot of SM games on the App ...
Also explore next:
- Slender Man Goes to iTunes: Thoughts and Gaming Experience
- Bunny Cannon for iPhone & iPad: A New Piece of Fun from Not Doppler
- EEK! Game for iPhone & iPad: Simple but Perfect
- Wreck-it Ralph Game for iPhone & iPad: Choose Your Game and Beat Them All!
- Wars Online: Defend Your Kingdom for iPhone & iPad, One More Tower Defense
- Galactic Phantasy Prelude (for iPhone & iPad): What It’s Like to Be a Space Pirate
- Totem Runner for iPhone & iPad: A Stunning Running Adventure
- Earn to Die (the iPhone Game) Gets a Halloween Update
- [Flashback] October, 29