PIXEL’D: A Lovely App for Creating Your Own Cartoon Animation
Following Disney’s 8-bit campaign, a result of which is currently a game Fix-it Felix Jr., the company decided to entertain its fans with a unique experience of creating 8-bit drawings and animations on their own.
Everybody can feel like a real artist and create something amazing, such as his or her own animation which features Disney characters or any other characters one can imagine. Due to pixel art, your creation will be more stylish and very atmospheric. These specifics of the app make it adored by little children who will find 8-bit graphics easy enough to master, as well as by grown-ups who will be able to feel a little bit of nostalgia (no pun intended!). Let’s take a closer look at the app.
Current Version: 1.0.1 (July 30, 2012)
Genre: Entertainment, Drawing & Animation
System Required: iOS 4.3 or later
Rating (App Store): 4
PIXEL’D App: How It Works
In PIXEL’D, all you do is create. There is practically no limit for your creation, but the only condition is that everything is in 8-bit graphics. You can draw a character and add animation effects, so that the whole story emerges from what you have created. You can use a wide gallery in the app, which allows you to use Disney characters, such as Princesses, Cars, or characters from Mickey & Friends series. There are 3 different drawing layers for you to explore, 20 various frames to add, and tools for drawing and animation effects. You can draw something on your own or use a shape to fill with colors. In any case, there is a guarantee that your creation will be unique, in which you can ensure by sharing the result with the world on your social network page or, in case of the animation, on your YouTube channel.
What to Expect. The app will be loved by both kids and grown-ups: 8-bit is quite easy to work in and atmospheric at the same time for real appreciators to enjoy the style. Breath life into your characters with the help of animation, and you’ll love what you’ve got in the end.
What You Need. You don’t need to be a pro to master the app. What you need for sure is some willingness to create and some imagination when you create your characters or their stories. The app can be used as a teaching tool for youngsters and as a leisure activity for everyone who wants to rest from the routine.
- Wonderful experience of 8-bit drawing and animation
- 20 frames, 3 drawing layers, and many shape tools for creating your unique scenes
- Item Packs include stamps and patterns, with a broader range of them available through the in-app purchase
- Theme packs: Disney Princesses, Bolt, Mickey and Friends, Vintage Mickey, and Cars
- Synchronization across your iOS devices through iCloud
- Social network sharing: Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, and Twitter
- Share your artworks with friends via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi
Pros and Cons
Pros: very simple, cute, and stylish at the same time – particularly because of the 8-bit animation.
Cons: you will find the app too simple if you are a professional designer, animator, or painter.
Disney have recently released a great 8-bit game called Fix-it Felix, which features in their upcoming movie. They have also two hits on the App Store: the first one is Where’s My Water? and the other one is Where’s My Perry?. If you are looking for some drawing adventures, why not play A Doodle Fly – Fly to Mars!
Everyme: Create Your Own Private Social Network
Everyme is a social networking app that allows to share informations with defined circles of people.
The My iStory app: Create Your Own Digital Story Filled With Memorable Photos And Notes
The My iStory app allows to create eBooks stories illustrated with photos.
The Flock app: Create Your Own Social Network And Make Photo Sharing Easy
Flock finds the photos you take together with friends or family and brings all the photos from each person's phone together into ...
The Muzy app: Create Your Own Collages And Edit Photos
The Muzy app allows to make collages, photos, and more. Instantly share to Facebook or just save it for later.
The iHeartRadio iPhone app: Create Your Own Music Channels With This Nice Radio App
iHeartRadio is a free, all-in-one digital service that lets you find more than 1,500 Live Stations or create commercial-free ...
Also explore next:
- Slender Man Goes to iTunes: Thoughts and Gaming Experience
- Bunny Cannon for iPhone & iPad: A New Piece of Fun from Not Doppler
- EEK! Game for iPhone & iPad: Simple but Perfect
- Wreck-it Ralph Game for iPhone & iPad: Choose Your Game and Beat Them All!
- Wars Online: Defend Your Kingdom for iPhone & iPad, One More Tower Defense
- Galactic Phantasy Prelude (for iPhone & iPad): What It’s Like to Be a Space Pirate
- Totem Runner for iPhone & iPad: A Stunning Running Adventure
- Earn to Die (the iPhone Game) Gets a Halloween Update
- [Flashback] October, 29